Monday, February 1, 2016

Inspiration from... You know what, who cares about post titles!

I love inspiration. I love reading. Since I finished my coach training I've been reading even more of what I like to call "transformational" reading. Right now I'm reading four or five books, off and on (thank God for the Kindle which lets me add to my reading load no matter how much room is left in my backpack and without adding any weight to my body!). Let's see:

I'll fill in the authors later
"Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert
"Conversations with God" by Neil Donald Walshe (my second reading)
"The Way of the Superior Man"
"The Prosperous Coach" (my second reading)
"Different Seasons" by Stephen King
"Alexander Hamilton" by Ron Chernow

Let me make this quick for now so I can stop sweating. (I just got back from the gym and am headed to the shower but I couldn't let inspiration's words go forgotten or unwritten.)

I keep reading the same things over and over. God keeps sending me the same inspirations, about inspiration and creativity. Liz Gilbert, in "Big Magic," is saying things my heart, the universe, God, has been trying to tell me with varying (and increasing) success in the past week or so. The kind of things I want to write about here.

Fear would say "why write about them here? They've already been written about, in so many ways, in so many places. Nobody is going to want to read them from you when they can read them other places. And certainly don't go telling people about these other places!"

But LOVE says, truth says, creativity says, God says: These things speak to you. You are meant to share them. The fact that they are all over the place speaks to their power, their truth, their beauty, and the fact that they are being thrown at you means that you get to be included in sharing them with the world, and sharing their other sources with the world, and changing lives – yours, your readers', and everyone's.

Yes, everyone's.

Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment